Thursday, July 18, 2013

Nursery Progress



 I'm struggling to get the nursery to come together, but we are finally making some headway and have started tackling basic things like how to organize the closet, where to store burp cloths, etc. 

I was feeling pretty sad about how completely thrilled I was with Ben's nursery when he was a newborn and how totally unfinished and unstylish Violet's room is feeling. However, when I was looking at photos of the space I started the feel better. This room started with a much tougher before than Ben's old nursery in our condo did. It has a long way to go, but I think it helps to see in pictures how far it has come. Check it out:
 I'll have some updated photos for you soon. We've added a very simple cream rug, some fun blue and pink bedding, and have filled up those drawers and all the closet shelves with the cutest little shoes, dresses, onesies and blankets. Soon I hope I'll get as far as decorating the bookshelves and hanging stuff on the walls! 
Here's a sneak peek at the bedding.

We got this duvet on sale, and paired it with these sheets in blue (also on sale) and a textured white pillow, all from Pottery Barn Kids. Since it's not too babyish, we think it may grow with her in the toddler years and beyond.

More to come, hopefully soon, as the room takes shape for our little Violet.

Jenny xo


4 comments:

  1. I think it is looking absolutely lovely. Don't be so hard on yourself! With a second baby, you don't have the luxury of spending every evening working on the nursery - putting each little book and toy in the perfect place, agonizing over crib sheets and rugs. That said, it LOOKS like you were able to do all of that!! Just look at the before and after and SMILE. Great job, momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think you've done an amazing job. Violet will love waking up in that room...it's so beautiful Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, This is a beautiful nursery. I was intrigued with the first picture because it is shaped much like my bonus room. I was curious as to how you would work with it. The clean crisp white on all surfaces certainly blends all the angles.
    I have to remember to hop over and see the finished project, including Violet. Such a sweet name.
    Take it easy on your body and psyche.
    Blessings, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the pretty chandelier and the sheets

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)