Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Great Resources for FREE Children's Art Prints

You can probably tell from my recent posts that I've got kids' rooms on my mind (visit here and here to read about our new playroom, and here to see the new nursery). 

Another thing on my mind -- being about 5 weeks into our first big renovation in our very first house -- is budget. We've had hiccups along the way (more on those another day) that have set us back budget-wise. All to be expected, and not so much that we have to change course in our big plans. But what this does mean is that we have to cut out extra things like decorative items  and may wait on updating some light fixtures and all that -- we figure we'll get all the structure in place and then, later, add in the fun details we can't afford now. 

If you are in a similar position and don't have extra dough for fun decorative details, I'm going to be posting about my frugal finds as I come across them to spread the penny-saving love. 

Today -- FREE artwork for your nursery, kid's room, or playroom.

These are all completely free prints that I've found online and thought I'd share. Please note that I am not the artist (their names, where available, are below), just a gal who can google and wanted to save you the time. Follow the links to download and print your own high res images. Frame and enjoy!
Oh, and if you want to really make my day, send me a pic so I can see your free art in all its glory!



 I love this little monkey and will find a place for him somewhere, likely in Ben's room. Probably in a 5x7 frame with a nice wide mat. It is from The Handmade Home, and a little elephant and puppy in their own balloons are available too. See here to download and print your own.

This one is going to live somewhere in our new house too, probably in the playroom (ignore the weird scalloped border around it in the image below). Click here to see the full res image for yourself. It has this great watercolour feel. Awesome, right? Available here

I also think this one -- perhaps in the deep ocean colour with grey lettering -- could wind up in the playroom. But ours would say B is for Benjamin. Duh. Get yours here from On To Baby.
I am going to try to work this alphabet print in from Mr. Printables. By the way, I loooove Mr. Printables. Get this print here.
Here's another from Mr. Printables. Get it here
These critters, also from The Handmade Home, are so sweet. Available here. I don't think we have a place for them, but maybe you do?
A few more to mix things up. Cityscape by Janice Jong, available here.

Rain Rain Go Away, from Mr. Printables, available here.
A Canada version of this would be the best. Since I know many of my readers are from the good old US of A, I thought I'd include this one in my roundup. It is pretty great. From Mr. Printables, here

Pink and orange bird by Jen Skelley, available here
And another bird one, this time less girly. I have a thing for birds. From Indulgy, available here
And this cute one, entitled Spring Trees by Meeha Meeha, is available here
This one is from Sugar Shack, available here.
This one is especially sweet in the blue frame. These colours would totally work for Ben's new toddler room. The artist is Angela Traunig, from Feed Your Soul, & you can get it here
Another cutie from Feed Your Soul, by Asja Boro. Available here.

Another cute alphabet print. From here.
And yet another alphabet, this time a set of two. From Project Bambino, available here

Well, that concludes my free printables roundup. Will keep you posted about which ones we end up using and will let you know if I find any other goodies. If I missed any good ones you know about, let me know!

Jenny xo

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what a happy assortment of eye-candy printables! Your nursery will turn out great! Thank you for mentioning my spring trees and if you're interested I share each month a free printable calendar, which is also totally childishly designed (http://meehameeha.blogspot.com/2013/02/free-printable-february-calendar.html)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great site. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet! The alphabet and constellation art are my favorites. I really like the flamingo one, too! :) Happy to find your blog. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great round-up! I love the printable map! I would love to use this in my little boys room! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so many lovely designs! Thanks for the round-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! Thanks for sharing!!!! found you on Tuesday Talent show! I'm a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Jenny! This is Lina from projectbambino.com. Thank you so much for sharing my alphabet prints :) Love your blog by the way and can't wait to see pictures of your new house. All the best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing my polka-dot tree form the Feed Your Soul project! You have a lovely blog here, and this is a great resource for those who need a little more colour to brighten up their walls :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)