Thursday, November 3, 2011

Casual (Formal) Dining Room

Too often, the formal dining room is underused because it does not have a casual enough feel for everyday dining. The aim for this space was to transform a seldom used, overly-formal space to a more inviting area devoted to entertaining and family dining. This dining room retains its distinction from the rest of the house and the eat-in-kitchen, but is an easy space to use and enjoy.
The concept was inspired by this set of china.
(By the way, I LOVE when china is incorporated into dining room decor)

Click "read more" to check out the elements in greater detail.



I offer very affordable design boards to Simcoe Street readers. This can be a great way to create a space you'll love, whether the design board is geared at freshening up a space, giving you a jump-start on how to pull together your room, a complete makeover, starting a space from scratch, or something in between. I will work within your budget to provide comprehensive design ideas and a complete shopping guide. I will also correspond as much as needed to help you put the space together and to tailor the design according to your preferences. Please contact me or see the design services page at the top of my blog if you are interested. 

Jenny xo
Linking up here and so should you! 



17 comments:

  1. love it! I am totally into blues and greens.

    it looks like the Happy Hour party starts at 10:15pm, which is why there's no link yet ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue and green are my favorite color combo...those plates are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those plates and THAT chandelier. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a formal china person, but I love the china here and the different designs. Growing up, we had a formal dining and living rooms. Huge rooms that we entered maybe 2 times a yr...and when there, no one talked. great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also meant to tell you I'm a new follower...#333...I'm looking fwd to looking thru your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great I am a huge Navy lover! That chandelier is To Die For! Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That china is awesome- I love how you put the room together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks would be a beautiful room...nice job! Thanks for sharing it at the Rock N Share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue and green go together so well, I love the ocean colors. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue and green go together so well, I love the ocean colors. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both styles/colors of the chairs. I've never seen anything quite like them. Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blue & green is one of my favorite color combinations. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the blue and green color combination. We are currently working on something like that for our master bedroom/bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is going to look so great! I love the color combination. I just finished my dining room in greens and a rusty red... check it out at http://afabulesshome.blogspot.com/2011/11/dining-room-reveal-finally.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Jenny! Love the board and how you mixed up the seating! I have an idea for you to guest post for me if you are interested. Email me at alivedinhome@gmail.com if so. Would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love color combination. I think they are suited in our formal dining room set.
    I guess, I gotta have 'em.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)