Monday, November 8, 2010

Beautiful Nursery Ideas

There are no little ones living here on Simcoe Street, but it is fun to think about, and when they come along some day I'll have plenty of good inspiration for sweet nurseries from three favourite idea sources: Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn (the kiddy versions, naturally) and the real nurseries of some favourite bloggers. 

I think these rooms are so gorgeous. Thought I'd share the eye candy with you today. Whether you have little ones or not, I think there's a lot to appreciate in the design of each.

First, here are a few favourites from RH.

The frames, the rug, the pretty white furniture. Love this.


And this beautiful nursery is perfect for a baby girl. Love all the baskets for pretty storage and that gorgeous chandelier. 
All white is perfect, too. I love all white spaces. I am just not sure how practical it is...
Another sweet girl's room. Love the pink window panels and elephant rocker.
A masculine but still sweet boy's room. I love the little basket with the "1" on it and the laundry bin. 

From Pottery Barn Kids...
An adorable gender neutral room.
And a super cute boy's space. This is my favourite "boy" bedding, I think.

And now I'm excited to feature the nurseries of some talented bloggers' babies:

Baby James lives in this adorable space created by Megan at Honey We're Home. You have to see her blog for the amazing details, like the framed picture book pages as art. 

Lindsay at Living With Lindsay shared this beautiful inspiration pic from Decorpad. I love this. 

Lindsay's daughter Emma's room is just as lovely. Visit Lindsay's blog for the details and tutorials. 

Fellow Toronto bloggers Aubrey and Lindsay's cutie, baby Oscar, also has an amazingly fresh space with tons of great ideas. Check it out! 
Look at that DIY headboard!

Hope you enjoyed seeing these beautiful spaces. 
Would love to see your little one's room!

Jenny
xo


Flaunt it Friday
Miss Mustard Seed

UPDATE: Click here to see my son Benjamin's finished nursery!


17 comments:

  1. Ok, so I never realized how much I love neutral colored kids rooms until now. It kinda makes me want to redo my daughter's room, like right now!
    Also, might I add that you are a posting machine lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all looks great! They each have a few elements that I'd love to tie into my own children's rooms...one day. ;-)

    Nice picks ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for including our nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, my babies nurserys were never anything like this! I guess its too late for a do-over, they are 12 and 16. Seriously, though, I love the horizontal stripe in the gender neutral room. With the pictures. What a great idea! I'm thinking dining room?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pottery barn!!! great post!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was browsing through loving the nurseries you showcased, then I saw ours! Ha! Thanks Jenny. I'll add your blog to my Featured page:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of cute things here! Enjoyed perusing your choices.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forget about the baby and the baby's room...Some of those rooms are just perfect for ME!!! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those first photos are my favourites style-wise. Aren't they gorgeous? I'm not sure if I'd go for white, having had four children! I'm a bit more practical now and the white had to go....it only looked gorgeous for five minutes before it got some kind of baby muck on it!!

    Nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just thought....I wonder if grey could work?

    But would a baby really like grey...or would that just be for me?

    Anyway, I'll get on with cooking tea now!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!! I love doing baby rooms. We had our first baby girl after 3 boys back in February. I had a wonderful time designing and decorating her nursery. Stop by sometime to see it if you wish! Have a wonderful weekend.

    God Bless,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! Lots of great ideas all in one spot! If it is ok I would love to use this sometime in my project: nursery series....Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am expecting my first in April - a girl! So excited to decorate the nursery and your examples are the most beautiful I have seen yet! I love the first one with the white furniture, etc. Would you mind sharing some info about the paint colors in the first four pictures (I love the first and the fourth expecially) and where you found the rug and mirror from the first? These rooms are gorgeous!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. To the anonymous commenter -- congratulations on expecting a baby girl! How exciting! Details about the furniture, rugs, etc. can be found on the sites the photos are from (you'll see they are all credited above -- be they from blogs, pottery barn or restoration hardware). Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...nice stuff.I am really impressed and you do an appreciative work.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)